Saturday, June 14, 2014

Tokyo Girls' Style is frozen - Killing me softly

On June 4th Tokyo Girls' Style released their 4th album ''Killing me Softly'' and with that the title song of the same name that I will review today.


The covers are stunning and I really like the clock and doll theme!

After more than a year TGS finally released an album again. The title song ''Yakusoku'' of their latest album was the reason I got into TGS, so this one is pretty exciting for me. 
''Killing me softly'' does follows a quieter theme than their latest singles did. The song begins with beautiful guitars which lead to a kind of magical feeling that reminds me of fairies (not the group xD). The chorus is very beautiful and the verses are pretty dark.  The whole song sounds pretty melancholic and a bit depressed I would say. It's still an up-tempo piece, but it does fit the title. It showcases the good vocals of the members. Ayano, Mei and Yuri have the best vocals, all three of them sound AMAZING. Hitomi is okay and since I usually like the quirky voice of Miyu, I'm sad she has such little solo time here.
But yeah, I REALLY like the song. It does fit TGS pretty good and is a nice choice for a title song!
But now it's time for video rewieving!! Woohoo.


The title is all red! Goes well with the meaning, but not that good with the background. One word: PINK!!!


OMG is that a frozen hand?


Well, those are some frozen blocks.. Frozen theme in a pink world?


So the girls were in the blocks?


And they are standing on a frozen pond.


This frozen girl is definetely Hitomi. But why is she lying here?


I really like the colours of the girls' dresses. They are beautiful and fit the pink background!


Alright, let's focus on Hitomi!!


But looking at the others, too.. Miyu looks pretty badass! :3


Now that's a bit creepy.. The frozen girl is alive!


Every dress is a bit different and everyone has a slightly different bow on their head.. interesting, interesting isn't it? ;)


Well, as you can see here these girls are pretty skinny.. Especially Hitomi o.O She did grow a lot lately, so I guess it's natural?



Ayano looks as if she wants to kill someone.. And Miyu looks fabulous, OMG



Ayano: Miyu, go out of my way!
Miyu: Why should I?


Mei with her typical grin *-*
Yuri: I don't care!



Araiiii!


Wait! Hitomi is frozen again.. And everything except for her head is in an ice block.


I really like these shots from above, they are cool!


Mei is soo beautiful! Even when she doesn't smile! :3



I really like Mei's part, she looks so professional!
All the girls are able to pull of these mature faces so good.


Hitomi: Whut? Mature? LOL
Not a good example xD


Ayano: My nose hurts!
Miyu: *facepalm* OMG


Ayano: Bow down to me!


Ayano: You wanna die?
Whaaaat? Ayano, no.


Hair - always a problem for Idols!


Mei: OMG, I can't.


Hitomi: Stop!


Miyu looks older, doesn't she? or is it just me?? (She's the oldest after all.. and she will turn 18 in a few days)


Yuri: Look at my awesome finger!


Is that Miyu under the ice?? Is she alive?


They are looking at me.. Uwaah.


Where are the girls? And this is the clock from the covers!



Well, I know Hitomi is the center and all and I really like her. But it somehow irks me how many solo shots she has in this video, especially since the other ones don't get hardly any individual shots. It's like watching Hitomi + her back-up dancers.. But yeah, I still enjoy the video..


Mei is also on the ground of the sea... is everyone there?


See? The girls are even doing swimming movements!
Ayano: Like a boss!


Haha, these legs movements look pretty funny!


Leaning down and touching themselves.. looks pretty normal for them.


Ayano: I'm awesome!
I know.^^


Ayano under the ice! It would be cool if there was a picture with all of them under the ice!


Mei *-*



More cool dance steps!


And a little bit streching. Are they tired already? xP



Ayano has a very evil stare in this video.


Yuri is frozen! Only half of her arm sticks out (so everyone has a body part that sticks out? Hitomi had her head, Yui the arm..)


Duuuust..


Face palming à la TGS


Are they robots now?


That's Mei...


.. and her leg sticks out!


Arai does look very lovely.


But that smug Mei smile.. damn.. xD


Miyu: Give.me.screentime!


Yuri also fades a bit away in this video. But she does look awesome when she appears!


Yeay, I wanted this!!! Looks epic!



Hitomi is frozen forever...


That Miyu in the ice block..


.. and her leg sticks out. What a nice leg.


Miyu: Yo, PEACE!


TGS shaking their butts..
Hitomi: We don't care!


Hitomi: Hehe!
That's an evil smile.. creepy girl xD


Miyu still acts all badass and doesn't give a fuck. Seriously, what's up with her?


Yuri looks stunning!




LEGS!




OMG, they are touching their boobs.. What's happening?


Well, the dance still looks pretty cool!


Under the ice - Yuri edition.



Seriously what's with the random legs showing? (are those Mei's?)



Again, I love Arai and all, but her stares are a little bit uncomfortable sometimes.. She's 15!
edit: (nope, turned 16 in April.. but still)


Yuri is so beautiful!




Miyu: Oh my. Where am I?


Ayano looks sooo BEAUTIFUL!


And she's holding her arm out.



You gotta admit that her angry stares look captivating!


Yuri center!! Yes, thank you!



Arai: What? I'm center!



Miyu!!


Mei looks a bit strange here..



Ayano: Yo, PEACE!
Miyu: My peace sign is way cooler!


I know it's the sexy-forward-leaning move, but here they look as if they dropped something.. LOL



Necessary Hitomi shot..


And don't forget, Arai-touching-herself shot.


Another very funny looking dance step.
Hitomi: Ey, yo, I'm a gangster!! YOooooo!



A last few dance steps..


.. and puff the girls trandformed into ice-block girls..


They disappeared?


No, Arai stays. Arai watches you! Arai will follow you into your dreams!! Arai will be the only thing you think about!!

Seriously, I believe the whole video is to make you keep Hitomi in your thoughts. LOL. Again, I like her, but with that much screentime and all, it feels as if the producers want us to love her! xD Expecially with that stare. She wants to make everyone a pedophile with that! *cough*

Anyways, I found out that I love all of them through that video. Like, they are all so perfect! The feeling of the video is nice, I really like the whole pink background and the colourful dresses. The ice-theme goes good with the title ''Killing me softly'', and it's interesting to see the members being frozen. The picture with everyone under the ice is freaking epic though! Defitely love that one!

All in all I do think this video is great and also fits the song pretty good, though it isn't as depressing as the song promises. Well, but I still love the concept of the video, it's beautiful.
I also have to say that I really like this album as a whole. The singles included are great, and I really like ''pain'', ''Mine'' and ''Tsuki no Kimagure''.
I'd love to buy this album, since it has so many singles I like and a lot of other good songs + beautiful covers. I really like TGS lately, so I guess this would be a good way to purchase something by them for the first time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment